Aiming to keep my dirt-dwelling life simple, special and sweet

Baked Apples

I've been trying to keep cooking healthy and simple, and I love Gina's Skinny Taste website because all of the recipes have proven to be tasty and good-for-you. The baked chicken parmesan was named "the best ever" by my husband. I can vouch for the other recipes, too. Gina, the author of the site, has helped me to drop a number of pounds as she details all nutritional and Weight Watchers points values. It's been helpful.

So, last night, good friends visited and along with an easy dinner I wanted to make a good fall dessert. Skinny Taste is the first place I look, and since I had tasty macintosh apples on hand, the recipe for  delightfully baked apples is what I chose to make.I topped each baked apple half with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and drizzled caramel topping on top. Very good. 


The leftover apple was even fantastic chopped up into my oatmeal this morning. I look forward, also, to using Gina's "crunchy topping" recipe for cobblers this fall.

No comments: